/ About the Library / Policies / Donations
Donations are always welcome at the Catawba Library.
Donations may take the form of books, periodicals, equipment, and other library materials or may be monentary gifts.
If you would like to make a donation of general library materials, or to donate to the Catawba College Library Archives please contact Steve McKinzie
If you would like to make a monentary donation, you can now donate online (Be sure to select "Friends of the Library" from the drop-down list next to Gift Designation).
As a donor, you have the option of establishing an endowment for the purchase of library materials. You may specify subject area in which materials are to be collected. The minimum gift to establish an endowment is $1,000. If you would like to establish an endowment and begin a legacy of giving at the Catawba Library, please contact the Development Office at 704-637-4394.
As the recipient of material donations:
- The Library retains unconditional ownership of the gifts donated.
- The Library reserves the right to determine the housing and circulation policies of all gifts added to the collection
- The library retains the right to discard, sell, or exchange gifts which do not meet selection criteria outlined in the Selection Policy.
- The Library will provide bookplates or other recognition for gifts or memorials, if desired by the donor. Donor information will be preserved as part of the official online catalog record for the gift.
- The Library will write a letter to the donor expressing thanks for
the gift. This letter will serve as a receipt.
- In accordance with Internal Revenue Service regulations , it is the donor's responsibility to set a value for the gift and document the items donated.
- As a special courtesy, the Library will assist the donor in establishing the value of the gift by providing access to bibliographic sources of auction price
information or recommending professional appraisers. Note:The acceptance of a gift appraised by a third party does not in any
way imply an endorsement of the appraisal by the Library.