In order to place materials on reserve, Faculty must fill out, sign, and turn in a Reserves Request Form to the library at least 2 weeks prior to the beginning of classes. Requests are processed in order of receipt.
The Reserves Request Form includes a declaration of compliance with U.S. Copyright Law. All photocopies of copyrighted materials submitted for reserve use must comply with the Catawba College Photocopy Guidelines For Classroom Use. This material must contain a notice of copyright and be accompanied by a permission granting document.
The following information is provided as guidelines for placing materials on reserve:
- Each item placed on reserve should be assigned one of the following circulation periods:
2 Hour Must be used in the Library and returned within two hours. 24 Hours May be checked out any time the library is open, but must be turned in within 24 hours of check-out time.
- Reserve materials are removed at the end of each session, unless the faculty member requests otherwise. Materials should be picked up within two weeks of ending the semester.
- Library periodicals and reference materials are not put on reserve except for under extraordinary circumstances. Under such circumstances, they may only be listed as 2-Hour reserves, and may not leave the library at any time.
- Materials borrowed from another library [or other libraries] cannot be placed on reserve. They are lent to a specific individual and not to the Catawba College Library itself.
- Although the utmost care will be provided for personal materials placed on reserve, faculty members should be forewarned that the library cannot assume responsibility for damage or loss of personal materials.
- Student library assistants should not be given materials for processing for the reserve area. All materials should be given to the Library Information Services Associates (the library staff member on duty at the circulation desk) or the Head of Information Services. Requests need to be submitted Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.