The Corriher-Linn-Black Library opened for use in November 1953 and it is the campus center for library and information resources and services. The library is named in memory of Mr. Lotan A. Corriher, Mr. J.P. Linn, Dr. O.R. Black, and Mr. G.O. Lipe. Library resources include over 300,000 volume-equivalents in a wide array of print and nonprint formats from books, documents, maps, and periodicals to microforms, audiovisuals, CD-ROMs, and computer software. The library has been a selective depository for U.S. Government documents since the 1890′s.
In 1996, the library transitioned from its card catalog to an online system, Voyager.
In 2007, the library underwent a complete renovation, providing students and faculty with an instruction lab with 32 workstations and 28 additional workstations on the main floor. The mezzanine was enclosed and named the Lois Goodman Mezzanine – a quiet space with ample comfortable seating, study tables, and five study rooms, as well as the current periodicals and juvenile collection. The East end of the main floor was designated the Wentz Reading Room – an area with comfortable seating, study tables and the North Carolina Poetry Council collection. The circulation desk was named in honor of Jacquelyn Sims for her many years of dedicated service, and a new reference desk greets patrons as they enter the library. Library use has increased steadily since the renovation.
In 2012, the library migrated from its Voyager system to OCLC Worldshare Management System, providing patrons with the ability to search for books and articles both within the library and around the world from a single interface. The library also completed its conversion from Dewey call numbers to Library of Congress, unifying the collection for the first time in a decade.