The Corriher-Linn-Black Library serves as an active agent to enable its users to become self-directed, life-long learners. The Library, as the information hub for the College and a community resource, provides a diverse population of students, faculty, staff, and community borrowers onsite and electronic access to information resources in a variety of formats on campus, in the Salisbury/Rowan community, and throughout the nation and the world.
Library services support and enrich academic curricula programs, and activities, while providing Catawba students with opportunities for individual growth and development within the context of a liberal education.
The Library strives to:
- Acquire, organize, and maintain a collection in a variety of formats sufficient to support present and developing curricular programs and to reflect the educational mission of the college
- Provide effective onsite and electronic access information resources on campus and in the Salisbury/Rowan Community as well as electronic access to external information resources
- Provide a qualified, services-oriented staff
- Provide instruction to empower the college community to use the campus, community, and external information resources to best advantage and to integrate emerging technologies into instruction
- Provide adequate facilities and equipment to maximize effective use of the library
- Provide library users with the opportunity to explore emerging information technologies