The Catawba College Archives and Special Collections welcomes donations that are related to the history of the college. We are particularly interested in information relating to Catawba college publications, records of college administrative bodies, records of departments and offices, organizations and committees, faculty, staff and student correspondence relating to the school, photographs of persons, places, and activities connected with the college, and books published by college employees and alumni. All donations,and especially memorabilia (clothing, plaques, dishes, etc.) and art works will be accepted at the discretion of the library director or the archivist.
Donation forms must be signed by both parties (the donor and a library representative) prior to transference of materials to the archives.
The following policy governs the acceptance of Donations by the Library and Archives:
- The Library and Archives retains unconditional ownership of the Gift as per Deed of Gift.
- The Library and Archives reserves the right to determine the housing and circulation policies of all items accepted as additions to the collection.
- The Library and Archives has the right to dispose of items which DO NOT meet the criteria outlined in the donation policy.
- The appraisal of a Gift to the Library and Archives for tax purposes is, in accordance with the Internal Revenue Service regulations, the responsibility of the donor.
- The acceptance of a Gift appraised by a third party does not in any way imply an endorsement by the Library and Archives.
- A donation will be available to researchers in the Archives and Special Collections after it is organized and prepared for use.